And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
YOU WERE DEAD
- What is life like walking dead?
- Describe the course of the world. Where is the world headed? How does the world run?
- Who is this prince that runs this world? And what does it mean that he has the power of air?
- What does it mean to be a child of disobedience? How does one become a child of disobedience?
- What does it mean to be a child of wrath? Why were we children of wrath? What was it about our nature?
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:1-10 NKJV
- What does it mean to be saved? What are you saved from?
- What is mercy and what is grace?
- What is faith?
- What does it mean that you were saved by grace and through faith?
- What makes this a gift? Were there no works involved?
- For what purpose are you saved? And what are you to do with your salvation?
- What does salvation mean for us? And what is promised?
- What does the gift of salvation and His promises say to us about God’s love?
- Do you see the significance of what we have been given?